06 July 2008

Music Shuffle Meme

edited on 7/14 to add: Okay already, I guess nobody wanted to guess so here are the answers ! I wish you could hear how totally different this music sounds played next to each other.

Tagged by CAE at VWXYnot? I'm not tagging because I suspect that this has already made it's rounds while I was on my blog-break. But if you didn't do it and you want to - have at! - just leave a comment saying so. So the rules are that I am supposed to post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song, and then you all are supposed to guess the artist and song that the line comes from. Erm, just looking at my list there are some really esoteric songs there but okay (and you can probably tell by my list why I'm no good at guess on other people's lists). The other rule is that I am supposed to cross out the line when someone gets it right (and when someone does I'll put it in orange) ...anyone want to enlighten me as to how to do that? Help! 'Cause I haven't' figured that whole text crossing out thing yet. And then I'll post the answers in a week or so.

So here goes nothing!

1/"When I was a child, nobody smiled..." is Nobody Knows Me At All by the Weepies
2/"Something is calling me into the mountains..." is Into the Mountains sung by Lisa Dancing Light (remember this one from the school musicals???)
3/"Es kamm Mamhad Mustafeh aus der Turkei..." is Bruder by Rainhard Fendrich
4/erm, this song has lots of saxophone in it...no words...solo jazz saxophonist is Serenity by Clarence Clemons
5/On the Road Again by Willie Nelson "On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again..."
6/"Trying just to be, and I'm trying hard just to breathe..." is Soul Swimming by Beecake
7/"Well I was sitting, waiting, wishing...." is Sitting, Waiting, Wishing by Jack Johnson
8/"Well it's been a long time, I knew we'd be together another time, another place..." is I'm Alright by Jo Dee Messina
9/"She's beating full of steel and holds a hardy, hardy crew, and there's lots of work to do..." is The Salty Sea by Alaska's Hobo Jim
10/Love Song by Sara Bareilles "Head under water, and they tell me to breathe easy for awhile..."
11/Non je ne regrette rien by Edith Piaf "Non je ne regrette rien..."
12/"I've got you under my skin, I have got you under my skin..." is I've got you under my skin sung by Diana Krall (Propter Doc & ScienceGirl had the right song)
13/"He drove her heart just like he used to..." is What you didn't say by Mary Chapin Carpenter
14/"Ein kalter shower jagt, mir durch die Haut..." is Noch ein Leben by PUR
15/"The years grow shorter not longer..." is Wonder why we ever go home by Jimmy Buffett
16/Superman (It's not easy) by Five for Fighting "I can't stand to fly, I'm not that naive..."
17/"It doesn't get any lonelier than this..." is Lonlier than this by Steve Earle
18/"Stone blind, alibi...." is Alibi by David Gray
19/"Are you breathing when I'm breathing?" is The Consequences of Falling by k.d. lang
20/"Auf dem weg zu mir, habe ich mich oft verlaufen..." is Auf dem Weg Zu Mir by Steppenwolf
21/"Llego la banda q toca todo el dia..." is Esta Borracha by Los Borgi
22/"Home is behind the world ahead..." is The Steward of Gondor from the Two Towers/ Lord of the Rings Soundtrack
23/...this one I'm going to post the title and if you can guess the artist, fabulous. The language is Twi and, to be honest, although I sign along to it I would probably totally butcher the spelling. It's called Wo ho kyere by Daddy Lumba.
24/"I wake up, looking around my room, all my dreams crystalline clear..." is Winter Dreams by Jan Garrett
25/""si, ya es hora de esconder..." is Te Dejo Madrid by Sharira

Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right. Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is cheating.

7 comments:

  1. 5 - Willie Nelson, On the road again

    10 - Sara Bareilles, Love song

    12 - Frank Sinatra, I have got you under my skin

    16 - Five for fighting, superman/I can't stand to fly

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 - Edit Piaf, Je ne regrette rien

    ReplyDelete
  3. PropterDoc beat me to #12!

    To cross something out, use the tag "strike" in the <> brackets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #7 is gonna be one of those that is suddenly obvious when someone else gets it... but I can't place it for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. propter doc, good job! Except #12...right song, wrong singer.

    hypoglycemiagirl, yep!

    sciencegirl, see my note to propter doc on #12 and THANKS for the tip on crossing out!!!

    cae, grin, I think you may be right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, just didn't know these songs, though I knew a few of the singers (Steppenwolf, Mary Chapin Carpenter). And I must have heard the Steward of Gondor sing that seventeen million times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. silver fox, no worries! I probably wouldn't have guessed them either! Interesting that you know Steppenwolf. I seem to always know the lines of songs but not their names or the singer's names.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your messages here...I am always delighted to have comments!