- Strange baby faced men who look vaguely familiar keep showing up at work - all winter long they've had chest long hair and beards but now they've gone in for their "annual" - annual haircut that is.
- Flocks of snow buntings swooping around the roadsides like a wind swept snow storm
- Owls becoming more visible, their hoots filling the forests
- Daylight increasing so fast that it is confusing when trying to guess the time
- Big lakes of melt water stuck between the frozen ground and permafrost. You could stock some of them with fish, I swear.
My mother asked me a week ago how much snow we had - 2 feet I replied. She asked if I was exaggerating. I wasn't. You couldn't even see the benches of the picnic tables and now, a week later, there is bare ground under them.